Registering at Civic Medical Centre
*Homeless patients: contact the practice for further information on how to register.
New Patient Registration Between 3pm and 5pm Monday to Friday
Security of your medical record is important to us. Therefore when registering for the first time with us you will need to bring one proof of identity and one proof of address to the practice. We also ask that you bring your NHS medical card if you have one. If you do not have an NHS medical card we can still process your registration, however it may take longer to trace your medical records.
Listed below are the documents that we accept:
Proof of identity
- Original passport (A must for those born outside the UK)
- Photographed ID card in date and valid for 6 months accepted (Mainly for patients within the EU)
- Birth certificate (UK citizens only)
- Photo full driving licence (UK citizens only)
- Home office ID card and letter (Asylum seekers/refuge only)
1 Proof of Address:
- Original utility bill (dated last three months)
- Bank statement (dated last three months)
- Original tenancy agreement (valid for 6 months)
- Employer's letter (If working on visa)
- Acceptance letter from School, College, University (for those on a student visa)
Copies of all the required documentation will be taken by the practice.
Upon bringing in all the required documentation, the practice will provide you with a registration form. This must be completed accurately as followed:
- Full name (as in passport or birth certificate)
- Town and country of birth
- Actual date of arrival in country (Must for emigrants)
- NHS number (if you have been registered before)
- Previous GP Details (if you have been registered before and if any child needs 'Redbook' OR all immunisation details)
- Signature of completed document
As part of the registration process you will also be required to complete a health check questionnaire (attached to the registration form) and book and attend an appointment at the practice for a new patient check with the nurse. Only on the day of your health check will you be fully registered with the practice.